Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Over protecting vs. Risky behavior

I had a work emergency that kept me from picking the children up Friday night.  Adam agreed to keep them until Saturday.  I texted him in the morning (around 8am) and said I would be over in 30 minutes.

I got to his house and could see Littlest wandering around.  Apparently Middle Son was also awake.  Littlest unlocked the front door and came outside along with Adam's "not girlfriend's" dog, Brix.  Littlest was with me about five minutes before anyone else came outside.  Adam was nowhere for 10 minutes.  It concerns me that my little boy came outside unnoticed by Adam  for that long.  When Adam finally came out he said Ms. I Hate Everything had stayed the night at a friend's house.  I asked for the address and he said he didn't have the exact address, only the street name.  I asked if he expected me to knock on all the doors until I found the correct one.  he said yes.  I told him he could pick her up and bring her to my house by noon because I didn't think knocking on random doors sounded like a good idea.

Before we left he handed Little Girl $5 because she had lost the $20 I gave her the week prior.  Not quite an even trade.  Little Girl had also lost a tooth (Adam did not bother to tell me, Oldest Son did) but the Tooth Fairy never came.

I learned a couple other concerning things: Adam lets the kids go to the nearby park unsupervised.  This is concerning because 1. It is a new neighborhood and he doesn't know how safe it is 2. The children don't know anyone around them 3. A person in the very near vicinity is on my caseload. The next concerning thing is the fact that he lets the little kids go to friends houses.  He doesn't know his neighbors yet, he just moved in!  He is trusting strangers with our youngest children!  I know I know, I sound over protective and paranoid but recall what i do for a living and it makes more sense.  It also doesn't make sense when you consider the reason we had a "no going to sleepover" rule in the family was because Adam insisted 3 out of every 4 girls are molested and he didn't trust other males around his children overnight.  But he trusts these unknown people?  I don't get it!




No comments:

Post a Comment