Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Easy stuff

June 1, 2014

            Adam was able to get the rest of the items needed for school DC.  Thank goodness! Covering all the kids “incidentals” is tough on my budget. 
            I got one of the only photos Adam has texted me since the separation, it’s of littlest and a huge booboo on his forehead.  I jokingly asked if one of the little girls beat him up.  He said kind of, she ran him over with a bike.  He said it is a bad scrape.  I said I would keep it covered in Neosporin and Band-Aids. 
            When the kids got home I asked about the accident.  No one really knows what happened because littlest was the only one awake, or so it sounds.  From one version of the story, he gave himself a “rug burn” with the front wheel of his trike.  Okay?

June 2, 2014

            Adam sent me a link to a CMU article.  Basically, they did my thesis research!  I am so sad. 
            Minus one kid because he left for DC today.  Adam said even though things are often unhappy between us he is happy we can do nice things for the kids.  That reminded me.  Littlest's birthday is coming up.  I don’t have money to do much but remembered I have membership to the Indy Children’s Museum.  I asked for Adam’s permission to take the kids out of state for the day.  He said yes. 

June 3, 2014

            I started the day by sharing a pic with Adam of the littlest kids washing dishes.  They asked to do it and had fun.  It was a cute moment in time.  He responded by asking if I knew my Myers-Briggs type.  I don’t recall but I think that’s because it changes.  Adam said it isn’t supposed to but everything I have read about it said it can depending on environment.  It isn’t a very reliable test. 
            He said he is an ENFP.  He said he is doing self-diagnosis and self-reflection as part of the therapy thing.  He said his personality type predicts that he is very warm and give love freely, but that he can be pretty much a pain in the ass to have a relationship with.  I did not think it was appropriate to let him know what I thought so I kept my thoughts to myself. 
            I did ask him to register the girls for the new school.  Since he moved all address info for the utilities to his address I have nothing in my name to prove residency for them.  It needs to be done before the 10th.  I told him I would do all the other registration stuff like birth certificates, but he needs to do the residency portion.  He would do it when he got back from NY but then I remembered: the utility bills would have the other city's mailing address meaning we would have to pay out of district tuition.  Darn it!  I wish he would give me back my bills.  I don’t understand why he feels he needs to be in control of them.  I did the bills for 14 years!

June 5, 2014

            Plus one kid again!  I messaged Adam so he could rest easy knowing our child wasn’t lost in the nation’s capitol.  Later, I asked Adam if he could give me the van key and fob, garage door opener remote. My yearbooks, and six blue bowls, when I drop the kids off.  I also asked for copies of all the photos with the kids and/or me in them.  I need the photos for birthday stories and because they are keepsakes.  He said he was in NY, I wish he had let me know he would be out of the state, what if there had been an emergency with a child?
            I don’t expect the photos right now, I told him that.  I mentioned the personal items would all be in one bin and should be easy enough to locate.  The bowls would have been packed with his red bowls, again easy to find.  I have know idea where he put the car stuff though.  He said he doesn’t get back until late and is in meetings all day Friday.  I wonder when I will get my things that he removed from this house.  I also wonder when I get the van key.  He already has his Toyota spare key because he took it from my key ring without my knowledge. 

June 6, 2014

Reminded Adam to transfer the weekly allowance before 2pm.   The response I got back was, “You seriously spent money for a lawyer to change an agreement that the lawyer (his lawyer) didn’t even do right in the first place?  Both our lawyers were charged for that.  :/” Did he really think him working with a lawyer on the dissolution and leaving me out of the loop was going to be okay?  Did he really think me not having a lawyer when he did have one would be a wise move on my part?  Is he only worried because he has to pay his lawyer now?  If he would talk to me and communicate with me we could do the dissolution, the point of one is for the spouses to work together, isn’t it?

June 8, 2014

            There was a neighborhood power outage today.  I asked Adam if he would mind keeping the kids until I have power.  He was nice and said yes. 
            In the mail was an ACT prep exam results package.  I didn’t know they took those test so young but I think it is because he is in an advanced math.  He scored pretty high.  Adam and I are proud of that brain! 
            When the kids got dropped off they told me they didn’t have dinner.  I asked Adam and he said they had sandwiches and chips and lasagna.  Sounds like a lot of gluten.  The big kids are still at a friend's.  I need to pick them up because Adam didn’t get them.
            After getting everyone home I discovered what no parent wants to discover: lice on the two youngest boys.  I shaved their heads in the backyard so the house didn’t get contaminated.  Laundry is already going in the hot wash and I have bedding bagged up just in case.  Not sure how things would have lice since they haven’t been here for a couple days but I am not taking chances!  Adam is going to check their bedding.  I hope he does more than that.  So far everyone else is clear of bugs. 

June 9, 2014

            I sent Adam a couple pictures of the kids so he can stay updated on their nuttiness.  He thanked me for the pictures.  I mentioned I am hopeful that I can find an in home daycare that will send us photos during the day.  I’m going to miss my little buddy when I start work. 
            Adam asked about parenting time.  He said, “When you’re working and I’m working, won’t weeks with mom, weekends with dad thing not be the best arrangement?  At least in the summer or until I can afford to move where they can walk to my house. Thoughts?”  I didn’t understand the double negative and asked him to rephrase.  He wants them for the full week while they are on summer break.  I suggested the traditional summer parenting time many divorced parents do: Two weeks uninterrupted each.  I figure if we start the first full week of summer break that would get us back to the kids with me on weekdays in time for summer theatre. 

            Adam said he needs to look at his travel schedule. He likes one week on one week off better than two full weeks.  He said they miss their mommy after a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment