Sunday, February 8, 2015

Can I just say, Butthead?

September 25, 2014

Adam impressed me at 4:30am.  Middle son woke up with a bellyache.  I texted Adam asking that he take care of Middle Son during the day.  Not only did he respond that he would but he responded immediately.  He picked Middle Son up at 6:30am and said hi to each of the kids. 
I appreciate Adam being helpful.  I appreciate him communicating with me finally.  But, I cannot forget how difficult he has been for months.  I will not simply let all that slide away because he seems to have turned a new leaf.  I can’t do that because that minimizes everything he has done to me.  I shouldn’t have to do it either. 

September 26, 2014

My positive impression of Adam fizzled. 
I was driving home and my phone buzzed with a text.  It was from Adam.  The message he wrote wasn’t an emergency, luckily.  Middle Son went to the nurse's office with an upset stomach.  Adam was just letting me know he was picking Middle Son up and would pick up the other kids instead of having them ride the bus.  The problem with this text is the fact that he sent it to the phone I don’t have access to during the day.  I have told him that multiple times.  He chooses to ignore me.  I sent the following text:

“I’m going to ask, again, that you please stop using this number to communicate with me during the work day.  T-Mobile does not have coverage in this area and I don’t get texts or voicemails or even see that there are missed calls until I am nearly home.  Please use my work email, I have access to that at all times and check it frequently.”

His response was even less impressive than the initial text.  “Want me to keep informing you of stuff?”

I guess that ends the cordial phase he was in.

September 30, 2014

Adam never got back to me about Brickfest, well he didn’t get back to me in a non-mean way.  I figure that means I get to take Middle Son to Brickfest.  I texted that I would like to pick him up around 1pm and would bring him back by 9pm.  Adam said they had plans that day and wouldn’t be home until 9pm.  He said I can have Middle Son but should bring him back the next day.  He added that they will be going to Columbus to the Ohio Historical Museum.  I told him I can bring him home that night.  I did not tell him the reason is because I was invited to a mutual friend’s housewarming because they left Adam off the invite list. 

Out of curiosity, I looked up the museum.  First, it’ll cost $40-50 just for tickets, not including meals and gas.  For the guy that just complained about being $400 in the hole every month I find this an interesting trip to be taking.  Second, the museum hours are 10am-5pm.  How will it take 4 hours to get home?  He must have other plans.  Anyway, he said he would message me when they get home.  I asked that he message me when they are about an hour away because that’s about how long it will take me to drive to his house.   We’ll see if he does it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment