Wednesday, February 18, 2015

We'll call this "Working out the Parenting Kinks" and other miscommunications

Dec. 3, 2014

I received notification from the mortgage company that last month's payment was not complete.  Apparently, the amount increased and Adam did not feel the need to tell me, or the court.  (*remember this bit of info for a future post where Adam called me dishonest*).  I asked him when the amount went up and he said he doesn't know but will look it up but thinks it was the same time his mortgage increased.  How helpful.

Dec. 7, 2014

Middle Daughter asked me to cut her hair.  She wants a few inches chopped.  Since this is a major change, not just a trim to maintain the current style, I texted Adam letting him know her request and that i would be doing it.  I also let him know Oldest Son wanted a  couple inches cut for a new style.  He replied that the the oldest girls had begged him for a cut and dye but he said he would need to ask me first.  Hmm, interesting that he didn't bring this up until I did.  He said he figured I would be pretty upset if he just sent them back with short hair and black hair.  (*another bit of info to keep in your memory*) Yes, I would be upset.
When I was finished with the cutting of hair I sent him photos.  he approved.

Dec. 8, 2014

I asked if he would be available to pick the kids up early on Wednsday. 
Adam: I have a luncheon from 11 until 1 and I'm interviewing someone from 2 to 3. There might be a 3-4 meeting, but I'm not sure yet, it hasn't been confirmed. How early do they need to be picked up?
Me: I won't be back from WV until 7:30pm so mom will be with the kids.  If you could pick them up at 4:30 she would appreciate it.

He said he would do his best to get them early. 

Dec. 13, 2014 

Mom called, she is in the hospital.  I asked if Adam would be available to get littlest from school this week?  I am in training until Thursday and Friday I will be in Cleveland.
He said he would work it out so he could help. 

Dec. 14, 2014

Adam texted that he would be bringing the kids home late because he backed into a car.  I’m glad for the text but, I know I always have a but.  He is suppose to have them home at 7pm.  He texted at 6:51pm.  He was already running late and that’s probably why he hit a car. 
He also let me know one of the little girls lost a tooth and it is at his house. He'll do tooth fairy next time she's there.
He added that Middle Daughter was reported to have snuck on the computer at night but he hasn't checked the history yet. So glad he is taking her computer misuse seriously.  I was also informed that Oldest Son is evidently an ordained minister now (ask him).  Okay, where the hell is he that the kids are doing crazy things online?!

Dec. 15, 2014

I got a call from the Littlest's at 2:30pm, Littlest was still at school.  Adam forgot to pick him up! 
Adam claims it was because he thought I needed him to pick Littlest up on another day.  My email about it was pretty clear.  He should be honest and admit he just forgot. 

Dec. 16, 2014

I texted to remind Adam to pick Littlest up at 1:45pm. 
"I've got it. Sorry about yesterday..  I didn't process what you'd asked me to do. I was preoccupied with your mom being in the hospital."



No comments:

Post a Comment