Saturday, February 14, 2015

I think I am fed up

November 8, 2014

It’s been quiet for awhile now.  But of course, the quiet usually ends for a reason.  This time it is something simple.  Back in July, the kids asked about an Anberlin concert.  I told them I wouldn’t be able to take time off work but I was okay with them going with Adam.  The Oldest bought tickets for her and Oldest Son but no one ever told me or filled me in on the details.  Well, yesterday, the two kids were all excited because the concert was in three days.  I emailed Adam asking for the details.  I added that in July I assumed he would have filled me in if he had agreed to take the kids.  His response was not totally negative.  He said he understood my frustration about not knowing the information but “We weren’t communicating well back then.” Um, we?  No, not we, him.  He wasn’t communicating well back then or since then.  He is showing that he is not capable of co-parenting/shared parenting because he can’t set his immature behaviors and reactions aside long enough to be a parent with me.  I am really worried that I will have 14 years left with him not giving me information that I need.  I’ve been very frustrated with him but I make sure he knows what is going on with the kids; especially if the information isn’t easily accessible. 
It turns out the concert was today and he planned to pick the kids up at 5pm.  I wonder when he would have told me had I not known to ask.
That wasn’t the only thing he sat on.  Oldest Son had a poem in a contest with The Library.  The invitation for the award ceremony was sent to Adam because Oldest Son couldn’t remember the zip code for the this house.  Adam never told me.  I had to ask and I only knew to ask because Oldest Son mentioned something.  This is not good co-parenting.

November 11, 2014

The registration for the van is due today.  I emailed Adam asking for the registration form and he said he never got it or he threw it away because he “gets a lot of junk mail.”  I am so fed up with the excuses of why nothing is his fault!  Luckily, I was able to get online and pay it but he would have gotten the info in September and could have passed it my way.  When I get mail for him I pass it to him, why can’t he return the favor?
He also informed me he got a ticket last night.  I asked Oldest Son about it and he said it was a parking ticket because the meter ran out while they were at the concert.










No comments:

Post a Comment