Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Mr. Irresponsible

August 13, 2014

            This morning I looked at the court docket to see if Adam had responded to being served.  He did.  I am now blocked from using the credit card just like he is.  I wouldn’t mind this except with him not giving me the $1700 that he had said he would give me, I am unsure how I will afford everything the kids need.  I have worked out another “budget.” Things are going to be incredibly tight.  I spoke with a supervisor and she pulled another caseworker into her office that has been through a divorce.  They both suggested I apply for food stamps and any other government assistance I can qualify for so that I have cash for emergencies.  I called the County to find out how to do that and was directed to an online application.  I finished that up and will hopefully hear back within the month, and hopefully it will be in the form of “Yes, we will help you feed your children.”  I also took the time to put my student loan into forbearance since it comes out of deferment this month.  I sat the kids down and we talked about conserving energy even more. 
            I also told them that I most likely wouldn’t be able to buy them the things they need but they could and should ask Adam.  I set the example by texting Adam that littlest needs another car seat for after school transportation.  I can get one for $100 so I asked that he transfer that amount to the joint account or bring a new seat on Sunday.  He has not responded even though I can see that he read the text.  I hope he does one or the other.  I have no idea how I can purchase a car seat with all the other expenses I am covering: school fees, school supplies, clothes, etc.

August 14, 2014

            Open house for the elementary students!    
            Adam did not attend Open House, whether that is because he didn’t know about or just chose not to come I do not know.  I texted him after we left the school to let him know that littlest’s first official day of school is Wednesday the 19th.  He did not respond. 
            Adam did not transfer $425 per our agreement.

August 15, 2014

            The kids earned a day of “do nothing.” They helped out around the house a bunch and I knew it was likely their hard work would be undone if mom and I didn’t get creative.  So we decided they could have a lazy morning followed by a walk to her apartment where they could watch TV.  This was a treat since our internet is still super slow following the car tearing the line down and the fact that mom has two TVs so little kids can watch something while big kids watch something else. 
            I transported supplies to the a Festival for the booth JFS runs to recruit foster/adoption candidates.  I knew I would be doing this far in advance so I emailed Adam asking how he wanted to accomplish the kid exchange.  I had been told booth set up could go as late as 8 pm so I gave Adam the following choices:
1.     I bring the kids whenever I finished, as late as 9 pm
2.     He pick the kids up on his way home from work
3.     I bring the kids over Saturday morning. 
            Adam never answered that email.  I figured that meant he was fine with whatever I chose.  I opted to bring the kids over when I finished with set up.  Set up didn’t end up taking very long and we started 30 minutes early so I was able to bring them to his house by about 6:30 pm. 

August 17, 2014

I saw a Groupon for a Lego Festival.  I thought a certain 9 year old would love it for his birthday.  The event is on a weekend so I texted Adam asking if he would like tog et Isaac the gift together.  I offered to pay for the tickets and Adam could take him, or vice versa.  The response I got back was not very positive.

            “ Every time I try to collaborate with you, you kick me in the stomach.  I’m very skeptical of your intentions.” 

I told him my only intention is to get our son a gift he will enjoy and by doing so together send a message to all the kids that we both love them together.  Kind of like a telling them mommy and daddy are still a parenting team even if the aren’t a married couple team.  Adam did not reply.
            Adam did not bring a car seat or give me money to purchase another for littlest’s after school transportation.  I was able to find one that didn’t break the bank.   

August 18, 2014

            It was the first day of school.  I took the traditional group photo and the picture of the two little girls in their “Class of” shirts.  I sent Adam the photos because I figure he is sad to be missing out on the morning events. 
            At work I was filling out the medical release forms and emergency forms for the schools.  I realized I no longer had Adam’s employment information.  I emailed Adam asking for the information and he has not sent it to me.  I also asked for the new insurance cards.  I asked if he might be able to get two sets so we each have the cards in the event of an emergency. 
            I also took a moment to call the kids' school's Magnet Office to see if Adam had paid them his half of the fees directly.  They show no payments having been made. 
            Today has been a busy day needing to communicate with Adam.  When I got home there was mail from Wells Fargo.  Our escrow is short for the house Adam is living in.  I messaged Adam for the third time today letting him know of the change in mortgage amounts.  At the same time I sent him a photo text of the upcoming performances for theatre since we have a child that is in that magnet and likely to perform.  I followed this up asking if he would like to take birthday boy to the Lego Festival on Oct. 18 from 3-7pm.  I purchased the tickets on the off chance Adam is willing to work with me on this one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment